Surgery is suggested for people who remain morbidly obese even after multiple failures of weight loss regimens like diet and exercise. In addition to this, surgery is the best treatment option available for people suffering from obesity as well as the diseases related to obesity.
You can yourself decide whether surgery is right for you by understanding few things as mentioned below:
- Do you have a BMI which is greater than 35 kg/m2?
- Do you have a BMI which is more than 32.5 and are you also suffering from one or more of obesity related diseases like Type 2 Diabetes, Blood Pressure, joint pains, elevated cholesterol levels, or a family history of heart disease or sleep apnoea?
- Have you ever tried diet regimens, or have you consulted nutritionist, behavior therapist for your eating habits?
- Do you understand various metabolic and bariatric surgical procedures?
- Can you follow up with your doctor on post-operative schedule provided to you?
- Since this surgery is a complete life style change, are you committed to adopt it?
- Are you undergoing treatment for depression or mental stress and are your diseases stable on treatment?
- Do you have pragmatic approach and you are motivated to achieve?
- Are you between 18 and 65 years of age?